Ultra rookie

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

RACEKAR6

I am thrilled to discover it is a kasperwing. Thank you everybody!
this is definitely my style of flying.
Just got done reading article on rolling the aircraft on approach to reverse direction not sure how that works but seems amazing that and the vertical mush.
I don’t have the wing , the propeller or one side of the rear landing gear

Attachments

pchelandenny

Lifetime Supporter

Good place to start gathering information to restore your Kasperwing. Lots of videos on the web site as well. Reverse on landing? You may be referring to Steve's bird landing approach, but not really putting the Kasperwing into 'reverse' as such. And, yes, the Verticle Mush is a real thing as seen in the videos Henryk attached. Just so you know, the decent rate of about 800-1000 fpm in a mush routine is more than you would want to take all the way to the ground.

henryk

Attachments

henryk

=post #200 ( danmoser)

-more...

RACEKAR6

Good place to start gathering information to restore your Kasperwing. Lots of videos on the web site as well. Reverse on landing? You may be referring to Steve's bird landing approach, but not really putting the Kasperwing into 'reverse' as such. And, yes, the Verticle Mush is a real thing as seen in the videos Henryk attached. Just so you know, the decent rate of about 800-1000 fpm in a mush routine is more than you would want to take all the way to the ground.
It was a story I read about the certification flight were the instructor wasn’t gonna certify the wing for rolling but when kasper did 2or 3 rite in front of him on his approach to land in the direction he was instructed to land that the agent had no choice but to allow the endorsement.
I completely comprehemd the mush and how it’s done but in the article he talks about this forward and backwards roll and calculated it at 60 rpm and then changed something which doubled the rotation speed and GeForce and heard a noise and stopped couldn’t figure out what it was did again heard it again and turned out to be stitching in the seat ripping from 4gs and says the center of rotation was like rite at the pilots head so didn’t disorient pilot so as I understood he meant like a forward and backward tumble which is only possible because there’s no tail!
I’ll find again and see if I can post but I’m not very computer savvy like that.

RACEKAR6

=GREATE 7-th !!!

Steve Grossruck was GREATE too...

I can’t thank everybody enough for identifying what I have!
Unfortunately I don’t have any of the main wing, cables propeller or belts and to make worse engine is siezed possibly just from sitting for years hoping to just need a good honing and recross hatch.
I found the assembly instructions on the website even upgrade from A to B model but can’t find any fabrication dimensions for tubing size, thickness, length etc for wing frame or the ribs.
It was a barn find north of town here in Nebraska I have fallen in love with its uniqueness history flight characteristics just everything sbout it. Can’t wait to get in the air I feel like a kid starting high school anticipating homecoming! And for me even that turned out to be even better than I was imagining!!😉

pchelandenny

Lifetime Supporter
Interesting details on your 'barn find.' Do you recall the previous owner's name of the Kasperwing your purchased? I have some old customer records and may be able to figure out a bit more of the history. It is interesting that you have the rudders, stabilizers, and gap seals, but not the rest of the wing. It could be the main sail, cables, spars, etc. are all rolled up inside the long bag back in the barn... Note: Where in Nebraska are you from? My grandma grew up in the Arapahoe and Fairbury areas.

As mentioned, you are missing some of the key ingredients for making your 'barn find' flyable. Here is a suggestion, since I have a fairly good grasp on what all those missing parts may cost to replace: There are a few Kasperwings for sale; some posted on the Kasperwing website and I have seen them from time to time on Craigslist and Barnstormers. Perhaps consider purchasing a used one of those that isn't trashed and combine parts to make one, good whole Kasperwing.

By the way, if you decide to bring this Kasperwing back to life---and I hope you do--I would suggest going with all the B model upgrades and upgrading the powerplant from the old Zenoah G25B. Unfortunately, that old, faithful Zenoah would probably serve you better as a doorstop or boat anchor.

henryk

Unfortunately, that old, faithful Zenoah would probably serve you better as a doorstop or boat anchor.
-can You translate,Chelan ?

BTW=it is second possibility=to conserve orginal KASPERWING wing dimensiones,but little modyfied=wires=tubes,kingpostless,
simplified cloth sewing...

Attachments

Last edited:

RACEKAR6

-can You translate,Chelan ?

BTW=it is second possibility=to conserve orginal KASPERWING wing dimensiones,but little modyfied=wires=tubes,kingpostless,
simplified cloth sewing...
I think I might understand chelan if what your saying is it is possible as long as I’m competent and I am that I can competantly make a slightly modified but more rigid wing of my own and eliminate the cables and king post??
I have access to a Kawasaki 400 and if I can builds more durable and extremely safe machine that I can revive a more BARNSTORM STYLE of flying. That is honestly the visions I see in my future!!
Reality though I just wanna get in the air and I have to do it as cheap as I can!!
Gotta ask how that glider steers?
And Im jelouse of your collection!

RACEKAR6

I think I might understand chelan if what your saying is it is possible as long as I’m competent and I am that I can competantly make a slightly modified but more rigid wing of my own and eliminate the cables and king post??
I have access to a Kawasaki 400 and if I can builds more durable and extremely safe machine that I can revive a more BARNSTORM STYLE of flying. That is honestly the visions I see in my future!!
Reality though I just wanna get in the air and I have to do it as cheap as I can!!
Gotta ask how that glider steers?
And Im jelouse of your collection!
I’m curious about the wing profile drawing with a single main support because I have some aluminum radio antennas from audio tower sites I used to work on like 3.5” dia 30ish feet long wind load rated for over 100mph..