• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

ULPower on leaded gas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMyers1

I’ve seen conflicting reports of running a ULPower on 100LL. Mogas is hard to find out west and where it is available it is 91 AKI and would still need to be mixed with 100LL for their higher compression engines.

This guy suggests running 50/50 mix but his photos from 100% LL are pretty scary. Why No Avgas?

I don’t look forward to carting 20 gallons of mogas to the airport every time I want to go flying. I think the G100UL will pick up speed fast, but that’s a guess.

This seems to help but it’s all anecdotal stories as far as I can find and it seem to be the lesser of two evils rather than a cure: Decalin RunUp Fuel Additive | Decalin Chemicals

Back