UL SAILPLANE - Footlaunchable, foldable

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

ypsilon

Agreed. I use a pretty curved section with my project, but my ribs are sewn in, which allows for concave profile sections. True, this adds a bit of complexity, but at least in my case, that's not prohibitive

erkki67

Hello Mitja. Do you know the sketch of the Canard3 of the Swiss Designer Hans Farner?

He built the famous Canard glider with the V pylons.

The Canard 3 was a simplified version of the FL2, with a simple vertical pylon to support the wing.

With your fuselage building technique this bird could still get aloft, and open a new field to explore!

What do you think?

28F22E40-8250-4063-9FBB-8AFA4BEBD935.jpg

ultralajt

Hello Mitja. Do you know the sketch of the Canard3 of the Swiss Designer Hans Farner?

He built the famous Canard glider with the V pylons.

The Canard 3 was a simplified version of the FL2, with a simple vertical pylon to support the wing.

With your fuselage building technique this bird could still get aloft, and open a new field to explore!

What do you think?

View attachment 72607
As advanced as it looks, as superb performances as seems to have, it has not really neather of them.

ultralajt

Just a teaser! :)

I am holding an octagonal section of Carbon (hand layup, vacuumed) "tail boom" sample.Light and strong. Maybe one day.... ;)

carbon octagon.jpg

ultralajt

Not yet, Smorgan, but it is on my "Wannabuild" List.

Lately I am fell into some other interests.. for instance, I build myself a Mini Lathe, as from time to time, there is a need for some round parts for my hobby, and I dont want go search around and bothering professionals for some tiny round parts, bushings, washers, studs, dowels.....

20190216_174344.jpg

henryk

Not yet, Smorgan, but it is on my "Wannabuild" List.

Lately I am fell into some other interests.. for instance, I build myself a Mini Lathe, as from time to time, there is a need for some round parts for my hobby, and I dont want go search around and bothering professionals for some tiny round parts, bushings, washers, studs, dowels.....

View attachment 79013
-a NANOTECHNOLOGY ?

20181130_190807.jpg =CR gear...

renxxx1981

Probably the same as their rigid wing aeros phantom. I wonder if it us some derivate of R-III
It might be... The dbox is proportioned with the max thickness point of the r-III and the small elevator is possible thanks to the little reflex of the airfoil

simflyer

Hi Henryk and Mitja,
I agree it probably woud be wing of Phantom. It would be interresting with Impact wing.
btw I was week ago at Zegrze Pomorskie, but haven't enough time to visit Krakow :(
J

ultralajt

20190504_121004.jpg 20190504_121041.jpg Just found this "Hang Glider" in Kbely Aviation Museum in Prague.
ZK Kubat, amateur hang glider designed and built by Joseph Kubat in 1941

Group Builder