• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

UL engine options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTAirco

Doodling up a decent legal UL has been a backburner project for me for years. My engine choice has always been the MZ201. 45hp, belt reduction, free air cooling and under 70lbs. Great engine but now the company appears to be owned by a Chinese company. Haven't had any word about delivery, service and price or any other info about the new owners. Apart from my computer warning me not to go to their website! Which is silly.

But apart from that engine I don't think there is anything that comes close to it as far as power to weight ratio goes and it has a decent pedigree. What else is out there under 80lbs and at least 40hp? Yes, I googled myself silly but maybe people out there have first hand experience with something suitable.

Back