uAvionix tailBeaconX

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

pwood66889

Absolutely overpriced if one does not need entry into the ADS-B Out airspace.
Not badly priced if one has to go from no transponder up to ADS-B compliant.
$2500 US, plus installation, which doesn't sound like that much. My Type Club had good luck with their units.

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
Yes, I was suggesting that it's still expensive but an interesting option if you need to add a transponder and ADS-B to a plane that has neither, not for folks that already have an acceptable transponder.

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
Absolutely overpriced if one does not need entry into the ADS-B Out airspace.
Not badly priced if one has to go from no transponder up to ADS-B compliant.
$2500 US, plus installation, which doesn't sound like that much. My Type Club had good luck with their units.
$3194 with the required control head.

addicted2climbing

Log Member
So with this and the 2" instrument display wonder if I could get away with flying my Zigolo at KWHP. Its right on the edge of the Mode C area and rural enough I might be OK to fly Part 103 out of... Would make controllers pissed a 40mph airplane in the pattern with 150 mph airplanes...

pfarber

HBA Supporter
The head unit, to change the transponder code is a finger dance that is way to difficult. Unless they can improve the xponder code entry part hard pass.

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
In the Kitplanes article on this device, the reviewer mounted it inside the tailcone on a Glastar. I wonder if this would work just as well inside a spruce-and-plywood rear fuselage, which would certainly simplify installation in wooden aircraft.

Group Builder