• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Two Weedhopper (B?) Propellers for Two Chotia 460 engines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choppergirl

I need two Weedhopper type (preferably helical twisted) propellers for two Chotia 460 engines (which I bought for $99 with my Chotia Woodhopper)

The construction manual says start with a 36"x14", but I think longer with less pitch is suppose to be better and quieter(?)

I believe at least the Weedhopper B model ran the Chotia 460, maybe later ones too...

4 bolt hole pattern on the prop.

Broken propellers: actually, if anybody has a broken Weedhopper helical twist propeller for a 460 they wouldn't mind donating to me, with at least one good side, that I could use as a template to make some new ones, that might work too, as my dad has a cabinet shop, and I could reimburse you for shipping.

~

Also, I need two exhausts, and two carbs (Walbro/Tillotson/ (Bing 54?))... the carbs, I can get on eBay... the exhausts... not so sure what I need yet.

If you know what exhausts 460's take, and/or where I could get them, let me know. I have the 460 manual, and also the 460 assembly/rebuild video from youtube. (Also the Woodhopper plans).

http://dcim7.peachcountry.com/DSC_0662.JPG

http://dcim7.peachcountry.com/DSC_0655.JPG

So like, keep your eyes out for me.... I think a lot of Weedhoppers were made, so I think this stuff should be out there.

If you've had lots of experience running 460's in the past, or want to set me straight on something on the above, reply to this thread, or PM or email me with your experience and tips.

Thanks.

CHOPPERGIRL

Last edited:
Back