• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Two rotax 277 Engines with gearboxes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wakataka

I've switched to a different engine and have two Rotax 277 free-air engines with gearboxes as surplus. The "primary" engine includes a carb and a Rotax exhaust. The "spare" engine is a bare block with gearbox. Both have recoil starters. The engines were rebored by Rainier Ultralight Engines and are running 0.20 over sized pistons. Crank seals have been replaced within the past 3 years. The grearboxes have both been rebuilt with new bearings, seals, and spring washers. one has a new main shaft installed by Lockwood. The "primary" engine has about 180 hours, the "spare" engine has 130 hours since new. Both of these engines were in regular service until late last year. With a spare engine and gearbox on hand, you can keep your plane in the air while you do maintenance on the bench on the other engine. It doesn't take long to switch out a 277.I'm asking $1,300 for the package but would split up if someone wanted only one of the engines. I've also listed them on Barnstormers. Search for Rotax 277.Call or text Martin at 530-945-eighty three seventy one, or reply by email to wakataka at charter dot net.

Attachments

• Primary (1).jpg
    Primary (1).jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 523
  • Spare (1).jpg
    Spare (1).jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 2,007
  • Primary (3).jpg
    Primary (3).jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 941
Back