twin 701 = 702?

Discussion in 'Aircraft Design / Aerodynamics / New Technology' started by erico, Mar 21, 2012.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Mar 21, 2012 #1

erico

erico

erico

New member, quite embarassed to be asking questions already, but anyway: new rotax 912 may cost as much as 30kUS in my coutry, because of import duties -- used 912´s not yet available -- but 503´s go for 15hundred plus some 1thou to rebuild -- then I would like very much to have some hints & clues regarding the installation of two 503´s in CH-701´s wings -- engines well inboard I know, CG questions I know, VMCA I know (do I, and what about rudder area?), single-engine operation I know, 49HP enough for single-engine operation I know -- should I plainly double the spar´s thickness in the area, should I invent a separate "cage-across" of 3/4inch 4130 tubing? Basic question regards to how to fix the engine mount in fwd and rear spars. Thank you in advance. Erico

2. Mar 22, 2012 #2

DaveK

DaveK

DaveK

Pardon the bluntness, but nobody with the required knowledge here will give you the answers you are looking for. You are asking to redesign the entire plane. This isn't an easy substitution which you allude to.

3. Mar 23, 2012 #3

erico

erico

erico

OK, thank you.