• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Trouble with plans..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nightvision

Hi everyone!
I'm working on to calculate the roughly cost of a single place wooden airplane to build. Because the cost is most important aspect of homebuilding for me:)
I have downloaded a minimax wooden airplane plan for free, thanks to team minimax:) Also I have bowers flybaby kit plan in PDF format.
So, I can draw anything with some CAD softwares (such as Autocad) for laser cut as long as I know what to draw. I just downloaded the plans to draw whole the airplane's wooden structure on PC to calculate the cost of whole wood structure (including laser cut).
BTW I work as a draftsman for a company, I draw cardboard packages for any products. We have a powerful laser cutting machine (Made for wood and sheet metal cutting) in the company. I can get a great discount for laser cutting from the company I think:) And the company has a plywood stock (5-6/9/12/15/18mm thickness) but I don't know whether they air aircraft quality. Anyway..
Besides, I don't have much time to work on building such a structure and I don't have a garage or something to work in and the only place which I could work is my friend's workplace and it's 110km away from my home. That means I have only weekends to work on it. Thats why I don't consider hand-cutting instead of laser-cutting.

So the problem is, I can't read the plans! I dont know how to read and comprehend those plans to draw it on Autocad. I'm looking the plan's pages and I can't visualise the parts!
How you guys read those plans:) I'm very begginner:)

Last edited:
Back