• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Trim tab solution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derswede

Just found this old photo of our first Pitts. My dad was unhappy with the ele. trim and decided he wanted something more effective. We built this up one weekend and installed it the week after. He said it improved trim quite a bit. Always got comments on it, I always said that those were wings for the mouse living in the tail section. Elicited a few chuckles and an angry comment from some FAA guy who thought that it was "Just wrong". Think I said something about "Experimental" and walked away. I was a bit of a smart A$$ at that time.

Derswede

Attachments

• trimtab.jpg
    trimtab.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 76
Back