• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Trim Colors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planecrazzzy

Wing design layed out with Laser

Because the wing surfaces are so curved and between the ribs the fabric is so scalloped. I found that the best way to lay-out the lines in my design, was to make a couple of measured marks...Dim the lights...
and with the chalk-line attachment ...line up the beam with my measured marks and make tiny pencil marks along the one side of the beam for the masking tape....
My Laser is by "LASER MARK" I bought it throgh SEARS about 4 yrs ago....I paid over 400 buck for it and it's different attachments....
Now you can buy a laser w/chalkline at SEARS for only 40 bucks....
A laser is a COOL TOOL , as long as you get a good one...
Be sure to get one that takes REGULAR batteries , not those little expensive button batteries...

Oh, My design on this wing was one I originaly put on a R/C plane back in 1992. When I started my homebuilt I knew that I was going to paint the same design...
Their's more pictures of the wings in the Photo Gallery.

Last edited:
Back