• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Traveling Europe with an Ultralight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoseyWales

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and aviation in general. I have been wanting to do a couple things for a while, one of them is traveling Europe, the other is buying an ultralight. I'm currently living in Utah and found a Sabre Aero for sale locally with a new prop, rebuilt motor, BRS parachute, pretty much everything I'm after. My notion was that I would get the ultralight and some basic lessons and spend the next 6 months learning to fly it before packing it up and traveling to Europe with it. Does anyone know what the ultralight/microlight regs are abroad? I searched for a few hours on every tangentially related site I could find (it's entirely possible I don't know what to look for) and found a lot of info about the ultralight class distinctions between countries, some require the plane to be registered, weights vary, etc. but I was not able to find any info about the pilot requirements. Can I go fly with no license like I can in the states? If I get my light sport license in the us will that allow me to fly abroad? Right now the aero is 273 lbs. it's a two seater and has a few other odds and ends that add weight and are unnecessary so I can lose the seat and get it under the weight limit for ul in the US but if I need to get my light sport to fly abroad anyway I'll just leave it as is.

Back