• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Torsional Damper on motorcycle transmission

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1684zach

My biggest concern with using the Suzuki SV650 as my power-plant and PSRU is, trying to figure out what if any torsional damper is needed. I am leaving the clutch in the tranny, and stripping out all gears, but what I need to reduce the rpm to swing my prop. I have thought of putting a cog belt setup on to act as somewhat of a damper, but that adds quite a bit of weight. As far as I can tell, not many guys have tried to use the transmission as the PSRU; or at least not easy to find info on their experience. One thought I had was, to add a "harmonic balancer" between the prop and the tranny; but I am not sure of how to for lack of a better term, "size" the balancer. I have read a tremendous amount of info on this subject, but not being an engineer leaves me feeling like I would like to have more knowledgeable guys put in their thoughts. -Zach

Back