• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Too tired

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgwendling

I came home from work today and I decided to glue up the horizontal stab. and the vertical stab. Well, all was going great until I had to mix up another batch of epoxy to finish the vert. stab. Since the smallest batch I can mix up is two tablespoons, I wanted to use the rest up. So, I had some pieces partially cut up on my fuselage. I figured I'll quickly cut the pieces to fit and glue them up.
It was the last three pieces that got me. It was the bolting blocks for the horizontal stab. and the vert. stab. I hadn't eaten, it was around 8:30 pm, I'm tired, so I'm rushing. I was sure the plan said 12"!:rolleyes:
I go out for a smoke around 10:00 pm and I was checking my clamps, (sometimes they pop off for no reason:p: ). I look at the tail of my fuselage and it doesn't look right. Sure enough, where I glued the blocks in at 12" was suppose to be 21".
Tear it apart!:wail: Thank heaven the epoxy was still semi soft.:rolleyes: I chiseled it off and threw it in the trash. Try again tomorrow.:eek:

I guess the lesson is this, if your tired don't rush, and don't try and save time by reading the plans upside down.:D

Back