• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

tolerance on formed parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quickcut

Good Day all. Can anyone throw some light on the size tolerance say of a formed rib. My rib formers (for a 750 cruzer) have been cut on a water-jet cutter. I drew the template , but it is drawn by a series of co-ordinates and you have to connect the dots. This I did by joining them with a bezier curve and then re-drawing by means of arcs , as my cam package does not like Beziers. Secondly, what size holes would you use to prevent tearing/ stress relieving when bending the sides up. Would it be dependent on the material thickness via a ratio ie 10 times the thickness or is there a set rate/ formula, thank you.
icon5.png

Back