• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Time for me to spill...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain_John

Ok, I didn't want to do this because I like to keep people guessing, but Jman asked that I do so here goes everything!

Hi, My name is John and I am a pilot.

:cool:

I passed my PP SEL Checkride on 10/14/97 according to my logbook. Since then my total time has accrued to nearly 300 PIC hours. I have earned my SES Rating in a Cessna 172 on straight floats and have High Performance and Complex sign offs. I began my Instrument rating, but with time being at a premium... excuses, excuses.

I will be taking delivery of a set of RV7 tailfeathers later this month. I have set a goal for completion in about 4 years. Since this is my first kitplane, I have no idea if this is realistic. From what I am told, it is.

I am putting the finishing touches on my garage now (Spring 2003) and refuse to drive a single rivit until the walls are painted. In the meanwhile, studying the plans will have to suffice.

My garage is 24' wide x 28' deep with heat and air conditioning. It has compressed air and running water. I am installing a desktop computer to keep in touch with the outside world and a television for instructional videos.

An old CFI friend of mine once told me, you must deceide whether or not you want to learn to fly or grow up... because you can't do both! I think it is true!

See you on the 'board!

:D CJ

Back