• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Tigershark Biplane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveair2

Hey Guys!

I just got laid off! So I have decided to work full time on my biplane. I started this project in 2001, and I am very anxious to get her finished. This is a steel tube and wood airplane and has been a lot more work than I thought it would be. I have been making progress, but it seems painfully slow. Things I think I can make in a day seem to take a week. It took me a year just to build the landing gear. Most of that was spent building the shock struts. I'm thinking that starting this thread will help force me to make better progress.

I started this project with a partially completed wing kit from Fisher Flying Products. I have had to correct mistakes that the previous builder made. Misaligned bolt holes in the spars.
My dad talked me into building a steel tube fuselage. Even though now he denies it. But it is starting to come together now and I am getting exited. It is amazing the emotions that a project like this can give a person. There have been days when all I wanted to do is cut the thing up with a chainsaw. And I do have more gray hair now, and I do blame it on the plane. Not only will a project like this teach you new building skills, it will teach you alot of things about yourself that are not related to aviation.

My fuselage is based on the GN-1 Aircamper and Hatz CB-1. Flying wire and landing gear attach fittings are from the Steen Skybolt. And the landing gear are my own design exept for the shock struts wich are from the CB-1.
I have a A-75 that I plan on using for power. I will have no electrical system and plan on carving my own prop.
Well, thats my design in a nutshell. And the switch from Guiness Extra Stout and Bellhaven to Miller Highlife is not that bad of a shock to my system.

This is a great forum and I believe that it will do a lot to advance the homebuilt movement. I apreciate what I have learned from this forum and am glad to be able to contribute. I am sorry that I don't have more pictures to share. I do have a old picture on my album, I will try to get some more posted soon. Well, I guess thats about all I have to say for today.
Back to the buildathon!

Steve

Attachments

• TM 7-05-10.pdf
    71.9 KB · Views: 1,731
Last edited by a moderator:
Back