I had a great day today. I finished rough shaping the turtle deck and then started working on the transition from the turtle deck to the pilot doors. It's nice to be moving forwards instead of fixing mistakes. The last thing I did was apply a coat of DAP light weight spackling to the turtle deck.
I'm finally getting more time for my Biplane. Today I final shaped and sanded the turtledeck. I used a Preval bottle to spray the Stits epoxy varnish over the few spots of lightweight spackling, then I brushed the rest.
Varnishing does not seem like a big deal, until you have many hours over a few years into making the part.
I've also started additions to my side stringers. These will fair the aft firewall access panels.