• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Tig Setup you use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnS

Hello all

I just bought a tig machine to try to learn the skill. Its a HTP Invertig 221. Not cheap but very nice company to deal with and by all accounts a bargain based on its features and build quality. I had a Precision Tig 225, which is also well regarded, for a bit before I moved to this. I already feel that this is much smoother. In a nutshell I'm happy and would recommend the company without reservation. They sell just about everything to do with electric cutting and welding.

Finally to my point. What type of setup are others using to weld .035 and thereabouts tubing. I have a 9 and 17 torch. But what size/type tungsten, cup, flow, amps, pulse etc.

I still love gas welding and will use it on my legal eagle project. Steel and plywood delivered yesterday, but I would like to see if its worth the transition in the future.

Thanks

Back