• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Thundergull

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aerogant

I came across Earthstar Aircraft's Gull series of light planes and was highly impressed. The thing that puzzles me the most is how they are able to get such a slow stall speed out of a small wing and a reasonably high weight. I've contacted the designer and he insists that stall speeds were measured at gross weight. In every review of this plane that I have read, the stall speed given was really close to the specs given by the company. I know they use a 40% plain flap. Any thoughts on how they get so much out of that wing?
The specs are given here:

http://www.thundergull.com/specifications.htm

I get an overall Clmax of almost 3.1 when running the numbers. How on earth does it get this value? Thanks.

Back