Thread AWOL.

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

pictsidhe

I started a thread a few weeks for members to post worldwide ultralight regs in. I kicked it off with the regs for Belize, that I'd just found. I can't find the thread now, even using Google...

narfi

Log Member

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
I remember it, thought it was an interesting subject. Not deleted as far as I know.

Pilot-34

My thread about Regulating by performance not just hating a machine disappeared to!

bmcj

HBA Supporter
Try this to see all of the threads you created...

Click the menu button (it’s the square with three lines near the top left of the screen).

Then click FORUMS.

Then click YOUR THREADS (under ‘find threads, or about the third item down).

pictsidhe

Pilot's thread was political, no surprise that the Thinkpol came along in the middle of the night for it. Mine was listing aircraft rules and regs. Dana (of the aforementioned Thinkpol) gave it a like...

Last edited:

blane.c

HBA Supporter
The advertisers have so hi-jacked the internet it is becoming more and more difficult to find anything useful ... unless of course somebody is making a buck off of it.

The internet was better when it first came out, I could find unusual things without being re-directed.

And yes this pertains to unusual aircraft things too.

It is very frustrating because I cannot ... .... .

Pilot-34

IT May have been political but it was politics critical to aircraft And aren’t all rules and regulations by nature political?
The urge to regulate by name instead of performance.
Airplanes are noisy ban them motorcycles are noisy ban them.
There is a lake near here that has lots of races with machines that are so noisy you can hear them 30 and 40 miles away but airplanes are banned from that lake because they are noisy.

Pilot-34

If a thread is going to be disappeared it would be nice if those of us that had posted on it got an alert so that we would quit questioning our sanity and quit looking for it

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
If a thread is going to be disappeared it would be nice if those of us that had posted on it got an alert so that we would quit questioning our sanity and quit looking for it
Why don't you PM the moderators? They don't/can't read every message, so doing that is more likely to get read by somebody who can address your issue.
Unless your intent is just to publicly complain.

narfi

Log Member
I have nothing personal in this discussion, but I can understand the frustration on the parts of the members, as well as the need to not overly burden moderators.

Could it not be automated in the forum software to send a message to anyone subscribed to a thread when it is deleted w/ the reason for the deletion?
That would eliminate both the frustration of the members and the workload of the moderators......

Edit: It may already be an option to tick when deleting/moving/modding a thread, may depend on the current version and addons.

Last edited:

Pilot-34

Why don't you PM the moderators? They don't/can't read every message, so doing that is more likely to get read by somebody who can address your issue.
Unless your intent is just to publicly complain.
I thought this area of the forum was frequented by the moderators ?
It seemed the appropriate place to bring it up.

Pilot-34

Try this to see all of the threads you created...

Click the menu button (it’s the square with three lines near the top left of the screen).

Then click FORUMS.

Then click YOUR THREADS (under ‘find threads, or about the third item down).
I did; it doesn’t show you if something has been disappeared so you don’t know if somehow you messed up and deleted it before you posted it or if you are completely Nuts And just dreamed of the conversation that you remember.

pictsidhe

I did; it doesn’t show you if something has been disappeared so you don’t know if somehow you messed up and deleted it before you posted it or if you are completely Nuts And just dreamed of the conversation that you remember.
One of the early replies said it would likely get deleted. I, along with others, weren't really sure what was being asked, so we mostly blathered on about noisy vehicles. Which is not an HBA approved topic.

I inquired why a thread completely within both rules and spirit disappeared. It even garnered a like from Dana.

It would be nice if OPs were informed, by default, of a threads deletion though.

Pilot-34

Like I said I wasn’t sure exactly what words to use with my vaguely formed idea.
I didn’t realize I needed to use the word airplane with something that was so clearly related to aircraft.

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
I agree that if a post, or thread that I make gets deleted, I should get some sort of notification, and (hopefully) at least one opportunity to defend or explain why the post should not have been deleted. Just about all of the moderators' actions and decisions that I have seen in my time here has been done with as much fairness and restraint as you could imagine.

Reactions: BJC

Pilot-34

I can agree that the moderators show remarkable restraint.
I’d just like to know two things.
Did something get deleted
And why?
Both so I can do better next time .

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
Pilot's thread was political, no surprise that the Thinkpol came along in the middle of the night for it. Mine was listing aircraft rules and regs. Dana (of the aforementioned Thinkpol) gave it a like...
If it was deleted, it wasn't me. Sounds like gremlins.