Nice Article! Thanks for the link.Link to article on Seabee construction. It shows the hydroblock for forming the wing skins, among other things:
Your pics are of the Bowlingxwind at OSH. The latter pic was right after arrival and later in the week it was moved up in front of the control tower. Here's an inflight pic on the way home that yr and the last known pics of the Bowlingxwind rotting away at a farm in Indiana.Corrugations you said?
When I bought my T211 kit in 2002, Venture Light Aircraft was offering a "smooth skin" version with no bead skins additional ribs for a lower price. This was because of the difficulty that they were still having making the beaded skins for the wing and horizontal. I preferred to get the original beaded skin version, and the owner of the company offered me a deal to get the beaded skin option at the same price if I bought a version that added a second leading edge rib that allowed using shorter span piece of skins that were cut down from scrapped, longer pieces. That's what I ended up building.The original Scooter wings were pressed and some difficulty was originally encountered as the leading edge portion of the bead or corregation would stretch while the trailing edge would fold. It was worked out however.
Not sure what you meant here? Do you mean a separate beaded nose skin?I bought a version that added a second leading edge rib that allowed using shorter span piece of skins that were cut down from scrapped, longer pieces. That's what I ended up building.
The upper skin beads have some, but not a lot of curvature as viewed from the side, and the most of the skin doesn't have beads so it is easy to roll. I probably just sort of looked like a barrel with a slight bulge due to the beads when it was all rolled up.Hard to believe a curved beaded skin can be rolled.
That's what I was thinking. The D-cell nose sections could be boxed in 4 foot sections, perhaps folded at the nose with the radius. The flatter main skins could be rolled up.sort of looked like a barrel with a slight bulge due to the beads when it was all rolled up.