Thomas Morse S-4C Scout

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

wiloows5050

Log Member
I've made more progress in the last three weeks than in the proceeding year. Now that I've got the templetes figured out I've completed all the center ribs except for the lower tips. All of the T/E ribs are done except the outboard tip ribs as well. Need to pick-up more wood next week. Pictures next time.

wiloows5050

Log Member
I've got to get pictures posted, hopefully next time. I've run myself out of wood for this project again. I picked up more last Tuesday. I was a great weekend building. I finished 1/2 the noses ribs for the upper wing and 1/4 for the lower wing, solved the problem of splitting the wood with the templates I'm using. Cut one side then remove the template and place it on the other side. That way I'm always cutting with the grain instead of cutting into the face of the grain.

wiloows5050

Log Member
I've decided I can't just let this project sit any longer. Going to start on the vertical stabilizer and rudder. Realized that I don't have the right sizes of wood. Going to need to trim some of the stock that I have left over.

wiloows5050

Log Member
In Oct I should have the CNC plasma table I purchased. It will allow me to cut all the MSP for the fittings. I'm looking forward to making so real progress on this project. The price on the small 2X2 CNC table with cutter was under $3000.

wiloows5050

Log Member
2021013C-88FD-4F56-ACA5-E6EB39BA56C2.jpeg Ok,

My wife has had me cutting metal projects for her business. Finally got to use the CNC for my use. Tonight I cut the drag/anti drag wire clips that mount by the root rib. I’ll have to clean the edges up but not a lot. It cuts really clean. Doing them by hand or with a mill would have taken hours. They only took me about 5 minutes. Will drill the hole instead of cutting it.
I guess I should say, it’s the machine that’s been advertised here. Bought it long before they started advertising here. Anyone wants to ask me any questions about it pm me. Since I had never used a Cnc plasma cutter it was a steep learning curve.CEF25484-5D31-477F-AB00-FFFBD0747FD4.jpeg