• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

This might be fun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric_marsh

Hi folks,

I'm in my mid 50s and have been into hot cars and more specifically hot motorcycles since the early 1970s. Earlier this year I started building a front engine dragster but with the economic downturn money has been tight and progress has been very slow.

On the same trip when I picked up the dragster chassis I also took the Frank Hawley Drag Racing school and got my super comp dragster driver's license. I've been thinking about that experience a lot and after many years of drag racing motorcycles I finally had to conclude that driving the car was, well, it lacked excitement.

This has really started me thinking about about whether I want to spend a lot of time and money building a car that I won't be taking out that often and then only for a few seconds at a time.

I really enjoy building vehicles though. There are some guys at a near by airport who are working on a home build aircraft and I always thought that would be kind of cool.

I guess that when I started really looking at how much it will cost to build a junior fueler I realized that I could probably build or buy an aircraft for the same money and if building a race car is cool, building an airplane would probably be twice as cool!

Obviously I would have to learn to fly but that sounds like a lot of fun in it's own right. It might help me overcome my fear of heights too.

Anyhow, with all of that said I found this web site and will do some reading and see what I can learn. If I decide to take a shot at this it's obviously not going to happen overnight, but that's OK - I've learned the value of patience when working on a project.

Anyone want to buy or trade for a fresh 200" long front engine dragster chassis?

ciao,

Eric

Back