Thin wings?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Turd Ferguson

That's pretty cool. Years ago, one of my friends built a T-18 and used pneumatic actuators for the flaps. He then installed a 12v air compressor under the pax seat. To lower the flaps, simply actuate a switch to turn the compressor on/off. It worked amazingly well, was lighter than any electrical powered alternative and was less expensive.

Autodidact

That's looks quite useful,

Sometimes when someone joins we don't know if they're well informed or more like me :dis:

LuPi
LuPi, I had the misfortune of stumbling across some posts I made about 5 years ago; they are probably not much different from the posts I make now, in terms of annoyance and ignorance, but I am separated from them by time and can see them in a more objective light. So, I would say that one of the beauties of this forum is that as long as you are not overly rude to other people, it will tolerate you - even if you are an insufferable twit like me. I can't go back and remove or edit my posts, but I'm not going to kill myself because of them either. I'm just happy that people still talk to me every now and then. And besides, I learn things here. :ermm:

Aviatorzaki77

LuPi, I had the misfortune of stumbling across some posts I made about 5 years ago; they are probably not much different from the posts I make now, in terms of annoyance and ignorance, but I am separated from them by time and can see them in a more objective light. So, I would say that one of the beauties of this forum is that as long as you are not overly rude to other people, it will tolerate you - even if you are an insufferable twit like me. I can't go back and remove or edit my posts, but I'm not going to kill myself because of them either. I'm just happy that people still talk to me every now and then. And besides, I learn things here. :ermm:

It reminds me Of Mr.Mark Stull, Such a great Aviation pioneer who recently left this world,
His contribution to this forum is Uncomparable,I was reading most of his posts since long time,
specially about his twin boomed UL,and Hirth Engines,The way he reply to each query was very articulate in detail explanation,
My Project will be dedicated to him and I will donate to local museum by his name,
After making some recreational flights.

Lucky Stars, Mark Stull's Lucky Stars ultralight aircraft at Sun N Fun 2011 - YouTube

May God be merciful on his soul.