• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

The weekend design concept

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Autodidact

I hope this takes. One of my favorite things is to see new design concept dwg's. It doesn't have to be a sophisticated dwg, a two or three view conveys the idea well. PTAirco's Chevy powered biplane is a fav as is the Stinger 360. And it wouldn't have to be the best concept or one that you would even consider doing the detail design work on because even a bad concept can inspire a new idea for someone else. So everyone feel free to post up those brainstorms on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
I'll start this off (hopefully) with something that was inspired by Unknown Target's "Cheap aircraft are impossible?" thread. It's a little too modern looking for me, looks a little nose heavy as drawn and I don't know about the control geometry and some of the structural details, but it's so completely different than anything I've ever thought of before that I wanted to at least draw it up; it's basically a weight shift control with the main plane tilting in two axes for pitch and roll control w/ a normal rudder and a one piece horizontal stab that is adjustable for pitch trim:

Attachments

• metro.jpg
    metro.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 341
  • metrofront.jpg
    metrofront.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Back