• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi!

I am Mohamed Farouk, and I am a middle-aged man who suffers from a condition called “extreme enthusiasm for aviation and airplanes”, it is not really a condition, but in my case, I guess you could call it a condition. As you may know, or may not know, affording an airplane here where I live is as impossible as to hiss and yawn at the same time……that was a ridiculous metaphor, I know!

Anyways, I guess some of you know how it feels to be cursed with a tremendous desire to things that one can never get a reach to, I’ve been living with this desire for quite a while now; it is such an extreme desire to own an airplane and fly it across the skies of the vast beautiful wilderness near my city. I made tons and tons of research on the internet on how to fly airplanes, how to become a pilot, how to this and how to that, until I found out that airplanes are pricy as hell! And no one sells them here!

So, after realizing this harsh fact, I still did not give up, I started searching online on how to get rich so that I can finally afford to buy an airplane! I stumbled upon another harsh fact; I don’t have time to start a successful business because I have to work my ass off in a full-time job! Dang!

Eventually, I ran out of choices, so I decided to give up on my dream just as I gave up on my other dreams, but, a broken dream feels like a heavyweight that drags you back as you try to go forward in life.

Homebuiltairplanes.com was like a small glowing candlelight in a dark rainy night, it gave me hope, it was a tiny light, yet I decided to hang on to it, I guess what keeps us going forward thru this miserable life is hope, isn’t it?

“Homebuilt” was a word that opened my eyes on a new possibility to make my dream come true. What I understood from this word is that I can build an airplane from scratch, quite frankly I know this forum is all about kit airplanes that are basically manufactured airplanes that only need to be assembled, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I decided to keep my passion alive, I decided to go after my dream, because eventually, I shall discover if my dream is achievable, or if it is nothing but another loop in the big chain of my silly fantasies.

Back