- Oct 8, 2021
Added professional 3d rendering.(Background image are from wikicommon)
Causing a massive headache to the FAA! Creat a world-record for annual insurance premium in its class
- A certified twin-jet aircraft with absolutely the lowest hourly operation cost.
- Twin-boom aircraft with a propeller pusher prop.
- Very high aspect ratio wing, amazing L/D
- Top speed is not a concern, the goal is to stay in the air with only 65hp (very easily goal).
- Two jet engines (whatever they used in BD-5 would probably make the aircraft overpowered, so maybe a smaller one). (You can claim MEL and turbine aircraft hours!)
- A Rotax 582 with a constant two-blade pusher prop (You can claim complex aircraft hours!)
- The pilot is supposed to use jet power at all times! It is a certified twin jet and the Rotax is only used as a backup!
- 1 Gallon of JET-A
- 24 Gallon of Mogas
- Optional tow hook for winch tow, which reduces wear and tears on the jet engine.
- Retractable landing gear in tailwheel configuration (You can log complex & tailwheel hours!)
- I already said that it uses a two-blade prop, so ground clearance is not an issue.
Main landing gear are close together, making the transition to ME-109 easier
- Optional STC: A pair of float! (Seaplane pilots? You can log MES & turbine hours!)
Cockpit and avionics:
- Two crews in tandem
- The backseat pilot has zero forward visibility and side visibility, he only has access to a small porthole (the back canopy is CF to reduce weight) He is supplied with a full suite of certified IFR equipment.
- The guy at the front has very good visibility, he is supplied with a single iPad with Foreflight for
playing angry birds
- Due to the visibility issue at the back, it is assumed that the pilot in the back is undergoing simulated IFR flight training at all times (he does that in good comfort, without a funny hat!), while the guy at the front is acting as a safety pilot with an iPad.
- Therefore, both pilot is eligible for PIC time, which cuts the hourly operating cost in half!
34.6 KB Views: 34
210.8 KB Views: 38
725.9 KB Views: 14