• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

The ULTIMATE and FINAL VTOL to end them all!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leviterande

Hi, lets just face it. A super aircraft MUST and I mean MUST be VTOL capable.
Now let us imagine that we have very lightweight electric engines that DO NOT REQUIRE power and will run forever without a drop of fuel/battery(now I know of many phony claims from inventors etc but this is not our subject here). This electric motor is Two moving parts only. Now since the problems of engine weight, engine complexity and fuel are gone, most compromises associated problems are ALSO GONE.

Now what would be the best VTOl configuration?. big propeller?, twin configuratin as the V22? a Moller kind? ducted fan?, small props? etc.. obviously its a plane that is vtol capable and it could be constructed to maximize all areas in both airplane and vtol mode-ends, in other words this vehicle could easily achieve these goals:

- from hovering 0 mph to just below Mac 1 speed
-Super maneuverability at all speeds including hover
-Range..... well till the parts break
-As few parts as possible to build the entire aircraft, as simple as possible to maximize safety.(here you can see the insane difference between a helicopter and a Piper Cub)

So.. what would the ultimate vehicle look like do you think.. you need to throw out all engine and fuel related problem. (of course electric motors will fail, everything in this world fails too but the complexity/weight is lower, far far lower. )
I have my 1 imaginary vision of this fantasy VTOL but I would like to hear about your thoughts and see if we think alike:).

Levit.

Back