• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

The simplest airplane to build?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilot-34

Most of me is in IL but my hearts in Alaska
What would be the simplest way for Joe average to build a plane?
Bolting two parts together on a kit doesn’t count neither would simply hiring somebody else to do it
For the sake of this discussion imagine the fundamental requirement ,mission being ease and speed of building the aircraft.
So that we don’t wind up with a bunch of paper airplanes or hang gliders let’s set up a load requirement of 1000 pounds and a flight duration requirement of three hours

To me it would seem like starting with. A flying. Boat hull would eliminate requirements for landing gear.
But are the requirements of a boat hull more complicated than building a conventional hull and gear ?

With the requirement for a parasol wing with an engine mounted be more complicated than conventional layout ?

We can do away with flaps unless there’s a complicated downside

Would spoilers be less complicated than ailerons?

Is there a downside of complication to a tail without flying services ?

etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back