The Russian Argo

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Tiger Tim

Here's a neat little airplane:

http://www.plans-for-everything.com/downloads/aircraft/aircraft_rissianargo.pdf

I wonder where exactly it fits on the spectrum of low wing single-seaters; if it's more like a Volksplane, a Mini-Max, a Turbulent, a Starlet, or what? Whatever it is, the 'plans' in the link above are woefully incomplete. It kind of looks like you could get most of a fuselage completed though so maybe it's one article out of five or six published on how to build it. Perhaps the text has something to say about that, I just can't read it. Maybe the text even hints at where to find the rest of it.

Anyways, I thought it was a neat looking little airplane and worth sharing.

F

fan444

My first plane was very similar to ARGO , but flew it quite a bit I sold. The plane is very fidgety and managed by literally the torso of the pilot.

litemite

Since this thread was last commented upon I have found an English translation to the Russian text. There is some additional information on it. Powered by a 28 hp 2 cycle engine. What you see as plans are a tease, they sell plans. Simviation does a download the Argo people did for Microsoft FSX. If it is any indication of the true aircraft, it's a death trap, not enough power.

Here's a neat little airplane:

http://www.plans-for-everything.com/downloads/aircraft/aircraft_rissianargo.pdf

I wonder where exactly it fits on the spectrum of low wing single-seaters; if it's more like a Volksplane, a Mini-Max, a Turbulent, a Starlet, or what? Whatever it is, the 'plans' in the link above are woefully incomplete. It kind of looks like you could get most of a fuselage completed though so maybe it's one article out of five or six published on how to build it. Perhaps the text has something to say about that, I just can't read it. Maybe the text even hints at where to find the rest of it.

Anyways, I thought it was a neat looking little airplane and worth sharing.