• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

The Razorback - Duncan Meyer (RTFM) - Auckland, NZ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtfm

Hi,
I am getting down to the sharp end of this design phase. I had thought I was finished, but when Mac790 offered to loft my basic 2-D drawings for me, I began to explore some avenues I had avoided in the past because they were too hard.

The design has now moved to a low-wing, side-by-side configuration, which Seb has kindly lofted for me. I have to say, I am extremely pleased with the design as it now stands. As far as I can tell, all the design bases have been covered, and the numbers stack up very nicely. The design is clean, visually pleasing and with the superkr2 construction method (and Seb's help in producing the required templates for the male formers) I hope to have a tangible fuselage reasonably soon.

Here are some graphics of what the Razorback will look like. Power, BTW, is currently leaning towards the R1200S BMW opposed twin engine, as found in the latest BMR road bikes (122hp, 172lbs all up). Seating will be staggered, to put the passenger right over the CG, and to make the most of the 42" cabin width. Gear will be retract (I have a cunningly simple design in mind). Gas will be in wing-tip tanks, I think. Instrumentation all digital.

According to Raymers RDS software and cross referenced with the Da Vinci PDQ software, the performance figures should be in the region of:
Stall: 42kts
Cruise: 150kts
Climb: 2100fpm

Dimensions: Length: 17.8ft (5429mm)
Wingspan: 28ft

Regards,
Duncan

Attachments

• RZB-sbs2.jpg
    RZB-sbs2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 702
  • RZB-sbs Avatar.jpg