Quantcast

The Ranger, an easily built high wing LSA runabout

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

FritzW

Log Member
Fritz, I don’t know what is holding you back to continue with the Ranger, what is it, financial issues or motivation.... other reasons ?
1) Crashed an airplane in late February
2) Global pandemic in early March
3) Draconian, mandatory lock-down measures from a our criminally over-reacting, clueless state governor in mid-March
4) Trying to fix a crashed airplane during draconian, mandatory lock-down measures with the supply system operating at 50%
5) Trying to keep a high overhead EAA chapter alive during global pandemic
6) Investing massive effort, resources and time to re-open our chapter breakfast
7) Shutting the chapter back down because a bunch of idiots decided to riot, loot and protest during a pandemic and caused a massive spike in our covid infection rate that led to re-starting the draconian, mandatory lock-down measures
8) Trying to help keep the church food pantry open when our idiot governor said boutique breweries could open at 25% but houses of worship could only open at 10%
9) It was 128 degrees (f) in my garage yesterday
10) ...worst of all, my wife made me clean the algae and bird poop out of the bird bath

As much as I'd love playing with the Ranger this summer, it's not on the front burner.

Hephaestus

Or throw 5k at the chapter and 5k for development of a prototype and first set of plans :) that would probably free up some time and build space (with a/c) :)

plncraze

HBA Supporter
Does the government require a design to be approved for building and flying? Or do you certify somewhere else and "import" the plane?

plncraze

HBA Supporter
Erkki67 you should try doing what bjc says. Start drawing and doing the math. What requirements does you government have for homebuilts?