Quantcast

The Ranger, an easily built high wing LSA runabout

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Aerowerx

If the Pilgrims had just gone to the Waffle House instead of cooking turkeys we'd have a lot more free time this time of year.
Have you seen that Red Bull ad on TV?

Pig, cow, sheep and turkey see the Pilgrim and Indian coming carrying an axe. Pig says, "This doesn't look good. Here drink this."

They pass the can around, but by the time it gets to the turkey, it is empty.

"Red Bull Gives You Wings!":)

akwrencher

HBA Supporter
Like Tom's River, New Jersey being overrun by wild turkeys. It would never occur to a Las Crusian (at least a native Las Crusian) to complain to the city counsel about it, it would be like being overrun by free pizza ;)
No kidding. I wish Gustavus was overrun by wild turkeys. Would save me a fortune and I'd have a use for all these shotgun Shells......

Aerowerx

No kidding. I wish Gustavus was overrun by wild turkeys. Would save me a fortune and I'd have a use for all these shotgun Shells......
If Ben Franklin had his way, the Turkey would be the emblem of the post office and we would be eating Eagles for Thanksgiving!

proppastie

Log Member
I have seen wild turkeys fly....But not very high or far.....it certainly would be interesting to drop one from a copter and see if it would glide down safely. I bet it would.

akwrencher

HBA Supporter
If Ben Franklin had his way, the Turkey would be the emblem of the post office and we would be eating Eagles for Thanksgiving!
That would be truly unfortunate. I have it on good athority that eagles are not very good eating.

Victor Bravo

I have seen wild turkeys fly....But not very high or far.....
I have seen Wild Turkey's fly too... right out of the bottle and into my shot glass ;)

Believe it or not, there was an actual airplane named Wild Turkey, it won the Reno Formula One race one or two years. The builder was John Parker, an airline pilot who named it after the booze, and unfortunately had a little too much fondness for the stuff.

Last edited:

pictsidhe

I've seen wild turkeys fly too. Their glide ratio is about 3 or 4 to 1. Farm turkeys likely glide even more like bricks.