The Ranger, an easily built high wing LSA runabout

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

FritzW

Log Member
Bud Evans and Wayne Ison are folks "whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose" (John 1:27) ;)

I turned the garage air conditioner on this morning when I got up. Hopefully it'll stay cool enough to work out there this afternoon.

Victor Bravo

That already exists in the original version. (Camper).

Attachment lugs or loops for a bedroll or a small pack. Perhaps even external load lugs at the strut attach. Easy and quick.

Last edited:

Charles_says

HBA Supporter
Well, now we know why Erkki has been pushing so hard for a two seater:

He found one of these out in the cabbage patch on June 16th. ...a mini-Erkki, Eline
View attachment 86255
Congratulations Erkki!!!!!!!
She's a sensible sweet, and doesn't weigh much...
But.....
Does she come with "Chocolate"??
swiss miss.png

erkki67

http://flyeco.net/smart_diesel.html

If there there will ever be a Ranger two seater, id like to evaluate these engines.

Another that might be interesting, if the economy allows it, would be the Verner 5 Radial engine.

For a low budget, the VW engine with a PSRU.

If it has to be very light, an engine of the company Helvenco, a 2Cylinder 500cc would be worthwhile to think about it, only drawback is, that the 2 cylinder doesn’t exist yet.

The later would be a real powerhouse for the single seater, 78hp - 80hp.

pictsidhe

does there exist any plans or kits for a cog belt PSRU for the industrial Twin engines, for the single seater?
I have done some basic calculations on v twin redrives. A tooth belt would need to be pretty substantial to keep tv out of the powerband. A soft system using a ribbed belt that can slip looks a better bet. Making it soft enough to keep tv below the powerband will likely need some additional compliance, or obnoxiously heavy flywheel.
Ballparking calculatuons suggest that the few commercially available redrives have a natural frequency in the powerband. If you only pass through the danger revs, you may get acceptable belt life, but testing is needed, and likely a red band on your tacho.

Last edited:

erkki67

Fritz, beside Spruce for all the sticks, what kind of plywood are you using and what thickness?

What glue are you using, PU or Epoxy, xxxx?

What are the dimensions of the corner sticks, 3/4” or 1” or les in square?