The Ranger, an easily built high wing LSA runabout

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Blackhawk

I think this folding wing design was posted by one of our members a few years back and maybe
of some interest for the Ranger wing fold

Narrow centre section which looks ideal

wing fold.jpg
wing fold 1.jpg

Last edited:

Hephaestus

I did say "redneck engineer" I live in the country, I got some good John deer junk around here lol

pictsidhe

A friend moved from where I am now to NM. The temperature is no improvement, but the far lower humidity makes it much more bearable.

robertl

A friend moved from where I am now to NM. The temperature is no improvement, but the far lower humidity makes it much more bearable.
The average humidity in South Carolina is in the 70's and 80's with temperatures steadily in the upper 80's and 90's plus. In the late afternoon, it may drop to the 50's but by then, all energy and desire to do anything is long gone ! I have a lot of friends that can't wait until summer because they swarm to the beaches. Give me the mountains and Fall anytime !

Victor Bravo

We are on the final steps for a flying prototype, thank Fritz.

I’m wondering if this Ranger Concept could be extrapolated to a similar looking 2 seater?
Yes, we will all joyously encourage the 2 seat version (and the gyroplane version, and the VTOL version, and the crop duster, and the stealth version, and the all-weather rail-mounted armed COIN ground attack version).... AFTER the original version is finished and being built by thousands of happy homebuilders.