• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

The pointless destruction goes on.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vortilon

For those that have looked at my web site know I've been involved in the resurrection of a Beech Starship or two. The pointless destruction of Starships started awhile ago when Raytheon bought Beech. They have had it in for this aircraft all along. They went to Rutan's facility and mindlessly destroyed the prototype with an axe and front loader as can be seen. Now keep in mind this is the prototype and every museum on the planet would have given their left nut for. Actually a more beautiful aircraft than the production model. These are supposed to be intelligent people at Raytheon but so far I have seen zero intelligent life at that company considering there primary product is killing devices I guess this sort of mindless act fits right in to their SOP. Now the insanity does not stop there for they have shown their true colors by lobbying the FAA to kill the poor airframes that managed to get free from their clutches. I think only seven remain out of their reach. Walter Beech is rolling in his grave. This is not what he had in mind for his company.

Attachments

• pocdestruction1%20Lg.jpg
    pocdestruction1%20Lg.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 280
  • pocdestruction2%20Lg.jpg
    pocdestruction2%20Lg.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 227
  • pocdestruction4%20Lg.jpg
    pocdestruction4%20Lg.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 241
Back