Quantcast

The New Zenith CH 750 "Cruzer"

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

saini flyer

The interesting parts for "Me",
  1. 400 hr build time with a quick build option coming soon! From what I have hear, the STOL version in 1000 hr build so I would like to know how they changed that to 400 hrs and with a quick build the RVs are done in half the time so does that imply that this can be assembled in 200 hrs :shock: I really hope these numbers are not bloated as this is a great product for high wing metal X-country LSA.
  2. It would have been awesome if one can choose different wings for different missions as they have a removable wing option but looks like with the new tail it is indeed a new plane.
  3. The design weight increase to 1440lbs is also great for having cheaper (Corvair) FWF and not eat up the payload but the LSA limit is compromised but still it is good to know that the plane is designed for higher gross.
  4. The pricing is inline with the RV12( just a bit cheaper for basic kit) but really if the quickbuild gets the plane done in 200 hrs.... the additional $5k is worth it. This plane with quickbuild and corvair with basic VFR(+ipad) can be build for $35k brand new and $30k without the quickbuild... this is a great product, I hope the wings do not fly off!
  5. The cruise will be more like 100mph vs the advertised 118 for corvair at 75% as the STOL version cruises at 75-80 on 75hp Rotax. Still not bad
  6. Now all they need is folding wings like Highlander and they have the best of them all. The hanger rent is $400/mo here so I can tie down at $75/mo in my own container(hopefully). Just my opinion...
So, apparently Zenith has a new version of its 750 out called the "Cruzer." What do you think?

Zenith CH 750 CRUZER - Zenith Aircraft Builders and Flyers

AJLiberatore

"Now all they need is folding wings like Highlander and they have the best of them all. The hanger rent is $400/mo here so I can tie down at $75/mo in my own container(hopefully). Just my opinion..."

Here, Here I concur. Something about this "one", it just looks right.

If they can clean it up a tad and get it cruise @ 125 mph, oh man! ( Paul P's "PoopDeck" Clipped Wing T-Craft eon's ago he claimed cruised 125 mph all day long, kind of my benchmark in this arena :))

I can almost envision this bird being the "150" of the future...

my best,
Anthony

Brian Clayton

correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the big draw of a STOL aircraft was short off the beaten path landings and take offs. Doesnt wheel pants, little tires and a nose wheel kindof defeat the purpose? Is the draw here just a slow landing? Then if you add big ballon tires (never seen a 30" on a nose wheel), lose the wheel pants you lower the top speed and raise the stall?

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
So, it's not a CH 750, it's an "entirely new design" according to Sebastian. And it has a new wing. So, let's see, what should the model number be? I know: "CH 750." Dumb!

Once again Zenith proves their knack for picking illogical names and model numbers. They did the same thing when they named the CH 601XL: A whole different model with a new wing structure (which gained "notoriety")--why not name it a CH602 or anything else and skip the confusion?

Southron

Well, in a perfect world, Zenith should offer TWO VERSIONS of the 750 Cruzer-

[1] Version A would be the regular Cruzer.

[2] Version B would be the STOL Cruzer.

MAKE THE WINGS INTERCHANGEABLE!!!!

I wish I could order a Cruzer kit with the regular 750 STOL wings and the big wheels!!!!

Mark Z

All I can say is that with those flat panels they oil can like a big dawg!! I found flying the 750 disconcerting when turning base to final and I'm sitting in the bell end of a megaphone.

Nickathome

Until they change the wing design it'll always be just one more hideous plane in my eyes. I never could understand the midset that dreampt up the way that wing leading edge flares into the fuselage....I understand form following function and all that but come on, someone could have done a better job in that regard.

PTAirco

Until they change the wing design it'll always be just one more hideous plane in my eyes. I never could understand the midset that dreampt up the way that wing leading edge flares into the fuselage....I understand form following function and all that but come on, someone could have done a better job in that regard.
That's one feature I always liked about those aircraft! A good way of giving you plenty of visibility and reducing interference drag.
One can argue aesthetics all day long, but when you're designing an all-out STOL aircraft for the homebuilder, keeping it dirt-simple, while keeping costs down - well, then you end up with something like this. If somebody wanted a pretty, swoopy, curvy go-fast airplane, they'd buy something else. Doesn't make much sense to criticize the "beauty" of this particular airplane. I always thought my old Series 3 Land Rover was a great looking vehicle - but a Bugatti owner might not think so.

reubenT

but to get away from that ya gotta curve them panels, and then it gets harder to build. Somewhere I heard to keep the shop good and warm when assembling the sheet parts, helps em pull tight when cooler.

dicel87

I think it's a great concept and bet they will sell a lot of them...in fact, I bet they already have. One is flying with the UL 350 (130 hp) while another has the Jabiru 3300 (120 hp). I'd like to see how one flies with the Viking engine or even a Corvair since these are lower price alternatives.

dcstrng

Prolly wouldn't like the oil canning :-/ other than that it's fun to fly.
On the CH750 series, this isn't much of an issue -- thicker skins that the CH701... The 701 is mostly 0.016, where the 750 is 0.020 and up, so as long as you are flying anywhere close to proper/coordinated trim you're good... I like the 701 better (for only my own reasons), but the CH750 is a sweet handling bird even for (maybe, especially for...) low-time, out of BFR geiatrics... (guilty)