The new project aircraft VP 12. Ukraine

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Heliano

Fantastic! Let us know the specific range figures (Km/l or MPG) in cruise as soon as you get them!
The winglets seem to be at 45 degrees with the wing. I presume they have a toe-in angle. Am I correct?

Alex Aero UA

Fantastic! Let us know the specific range figures (Km/l or MPG) in cruise as soon as you get them!
The winglets seem to be at 45 degrees with the wing. I presume they have a toe-in angle. Am I correct?
Thanks for the compliment. Winglets do not have a toe-in angle. Winglets have a special profile.

Alex Aero UA

Testing the VP12 aircraft for stability. Before checking the aileron channel, the trimer was bent upward. The pitch channel was adjusted with an electromechanical trimer. The trimer in the exchange rate channel was not regulated. The aircraft flies steadily without interfering with the longitudinal-lateral control (the pilots do not hold the control stick in their hands, see video from on-board video recorders).

Alex Aero UA

Softex Aero has started a set of static strength tests for the VP12 aircraft.
Wing flap.
VP12 static flap strength tests (simulation of the load on the wing flap at a flight speed of 250 km / h, flap extended 16 degrees, load 384 kg.)
The wing flap of the test was successful, it did not even crackle. After removing the load, no residual deformations or damage were found.
0Z_800x600.jpeg1Z_800x600.jpeg22Z_800x600.jpeg

Heliano

1 - When do you intend to do the stall tests? T-tail aircraft, as you certainly know, can have unusual stall characteristics.
2 - Have you ever considered a "RG" (retractable gear) version?

Alex Aero UA

1 - When do you intend to do the stall tests? T-tail aircraft, as you certainly know, can have unusual stall characteristics.
2 - Have you ever considered a "RG" (retractable gear) version?
1- Flight tests have just begun.
2- There will be a customer for an aircraft with retractable landing gear, then we will do it. :)