The new Guy from Texas

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Jerry Eugene

Hello all am from Texas as stated, At the present i fly an Eipper 1 weight shiftier, powered by a Yamaha 20 Hp 2 Cycle motor cycle engine. the wings are f1-11 rip stop nylon that are the original 1970 coverings. Needless to say one can only use Duct tape for so long. I have decided to build another craft and have been looking at the (Little) Russian design. but first i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the little plain?
Thanks Jerry

BJC

HBA Supporter
Welcome, Jerry.

Could you provide more definition of the Russian design that you are asking about?

BJC

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
No way will the X14 met the US part 103 stall speed requirement...

cblink.007

The Russian environment has provided the world with a lot of interesting aviation affects over the years...
Many of their aircraft set many aviation firsts in their own right, but were never celebrated the way ours were. When my fiance took me to see the museum at Monino, it was so neat to see all these birds, like the prototype Tu-144 SST, but given how they have zero budget to upkeep the exhibits, the place looked more like an aircraft junkyard than an open air museum! Very sad!

Jerry Eugene

Many of their aircraft set many aviation firsts in their own right, but were never celebrated the way ours were. When my fiance took me to see the museum at Monino, it was so neat to see all these birds, like the prototype Tu-144 SST, but given how they have zero budget to upkeep the exhibits, the place looked more like an aircraft junkyard than an open air museum! Very sad!
Yes i know what you mean, I worked in Russia for a while rebuilding one of their Mig bases Looked like something out of the depression era America and it was top of the line for them.

cblink.007

Yes i know what you mean, I worked in Russia for a while rebuilding one of their Mig bases Looked like something out of the depression era America and it was top of the line for them.
The same can be said for many military installations I have operated out of in Eastern Europe... Lithuania, Latvia & Estonia notwithstanding!

ToddK

HBA Supporter
You live in Texas? Give Lenard Milholland in Brookshire a call and get a set of legal eagle plans. Lots of builders, cheap, a great forum for help, everything you want.

JohnB

HBA Supporter
You live in Texas? Give Lenard Milholland in Brookshire a call and get a set of legal eagle plans. Lots of builders, cheap, a great forum for help, everything you want.
i'll second that motion

Jerry Eugene

Thanks I will as soon a s I recover from a little spill from my road bike. Thanks