Quantcast

the monster roars

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

gahan

:ban: solved all little issues, like spark and oil leaks at rear seal ( New crank)
fired it up on memorial day. you could hear it all over the lake the boys all came over have to watch them after lunch , the beer was flowing and the prop was turning, I put some saw horses up so knowone walked into the prop, Im over 3 hr of run time with over an hour of 2000 rpm continus last night.I may bring it down to my shop no neighbors in the evening and let it roar I'd like 10 hr's before I start attaching it to the firewall also good news, a buddy wants to purchase a ford 851 tractor 57 vintage, so I'm in tallcotton for flite lessons ,(sport lite):roll:

wally

Hi,
great news! I know how you feel. I was also very happy when the Lycoming I put back together fired and ran.

Why do you feel you need so much static running time?

I would think if you have good oil pressure, the temp is good and it runs clean w/ no miss and not too rich or lean, then it will continue to do so pulling a plane through the air.

gahan

no balls no glory:) I have work to do on fire wall, and instrument panel , so figure I'll just improve my own personel confidence level , whats twenty bucks in gas, i've pissed away $3000 getting it this far.

gahan

I was running at a high power setting and it just stoped and I don't know why .It's either fuel or spark maybe I can get at it this weekend, but it's father's day and I don't want to make to much noise at the camp ground. Heck lets hang it on the nose of the plane, maybe it needs a body to feel functional.

gahan

Vw's don't have a timing chain! I didn't get a chance to fire up the motor this weekend like I had planned , campers kept me stepping coil that I have on test bed is 25 years old may not like the heat. we'll see soon enough

Latest posts