• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

The JK-2 Nano

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtfm

Hi guys,
Have you seen this one? The JK-2 Nano. Beautiful little thing. Almost makes me want to have one.

The only real thing that bothers me is the high thrust line. From the manufacturer's FAQ:

Can you tell me why I shouldn’t be concerned about the high thrust line?

We have done in depth calculations on the stability taking into account the big tail surfaces, relatively small engine power and pilot weights. The results indicate that this CG is safe. Then we performed flight tests - pilots from 55 kg to 100 kg. And there is no problem in flight. The gyro is perfect in flight. We know that in US gyro pilots sometimes believe that the CG should be on the thrust line. This was crucial when the tail surfaces were small or did not exist at all. Modern gyrocopters are quite different :)

1618869568463.png

Back