• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

The harsh face of reality

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StRaNgEdAyS

I've wanted it soooo much.
The thought of having that torquey 200hp V8 and 69" MT prop out there really does it for me. <insert drooling smiley here>
However with the weight of 2" more shoulder width, 14" stretch, 26gal fuel, retracts PLUS around 460lbs of FWF* puts me well over the magic 1200lb mark. :depressed
It's too **** heavy! :dis:
That's all I had to say really.... I'm going to go sulk and look at what I've got to choose from now.:wail:
* inc Oil and Water cooling mounted behind aft centre spar for CG considerations

Back