The future of Part 103

Discussion in 'The light stuff area' started by FritzW, Sep 24, 2018.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Sep 26, 2018 #101

pictsidhe

pictsidhe

pictsidhe

Does your reputation mean you could have an informal chat with one of your contacts regarding possible options?

blane.c likes this.
  2. Sep 26, 2018 #102

Victor Bravo

Victor Bravo

Victor Bravo

No, I do nto have any "inside contact" in that area of the FAA. The ACO and MIDO people have been pretty happy with how I do stuff so far, and there are one or two people who I could ask for guidance on manufacturing related stuff. But in terms of flight operations I would have to walk in the front door like everyone else.

BUT, in my experience the local FAA FSDO guys have been very glad to respond to questions like this, and help people understand what the rules want and don't want. One of the most feared "enforcement" type guys in the region was perfectly happy to be a guest speaker at our EAA chapter meeting, and he was happy to address a bunch of hypothetical scenarios as to whether doing X or Y would make him come after someone's license or not.

I cannot vouch for any other person personally, and the specific guy in question is retired now, but I would not be afraid at all to ask an ASI about any of this if I was looking for an answer.