The French Chouchenn

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

MechAeroAuto

It's a neat looking little plane for those who are interested. I couldn't find an instance of it being discussed here so I thought I would share. I believe it says "bundles" (plans) are available but I don't know how you go about getting them. Anyways, presenting the "Honey Wine".

http://www.rsafrance.com/index.php/construire/liasses/chouchenn

12B71ADD-F3DB-4A5A-AA5C-E72439E0072E-9195-0000183C95D431C7.jpg

from Googlé Translate

The '' Chouchenn '' is a small two-seater airplane side by side with 284 Kg of empty mass, 8.5 m of wingspan that stalls at full load at less than 70 km / h all released. Motorized with a Jabiru 2200 it cruises at 218 Km / h at 75% for a consumption of 14.5 L / h. Already presented in the Notebook of the RSA n ° 272 in 2011 it has today 425 h the counter and soon sees its 2nd visit of airworthiness arrives
D96D78AD-744B-40BE-B835-EEBDCF727CCF-9195-0000183CA3BDFCC6.jpg

[h=3]Technical characteristics[/h]
Fuselage
Length: 5.645 m ht
Width: 1.10 m to the master bau
SM: 8.1 m²

Stabilizer H
Wingspan: 2.5 m
String: 0.6 m
Surface: 1.5 m2
Profile: NACA 12 modified
SM: 3 m²

Empennage V
Profile: Modified NACA
Total surface area: 0.738 m2
Surface direction: 0.312 m2
(41%)
SM: 1.37 m²

Motorization
Jabiru 2200A
P: 85 HP / 3300T / mn Consumption
: 15 l / h
Autonomy: 4h
Propellers: Woodpecker 1.47m, step: 1.1m

Weight
: Empty Weight: 284 Kg
A full load: 498 Kg
Fuel: 50 Kg (70 l)

Centering
17 to 36%
Wing
Wingspan: 8.5 m
NACA Profile 23015 Rope: 1 m
Elongation: 8.5
Surface: 8.5 m2
Dierdre: 3 °
Twist: -1 °
Ailerons: 1.2m., Rope 256 mm
Shutters: single slot 2.3 m,
rope: 256 mm,
deflection : 0 °, 13 °, 35 °
SM: 17 m²

Speed
VNE: 270 km / h,
V cruising: 218 km / h / 75%
V stall in heald with
maximum mass <90 km / h
V stall at 13 ° of flaps and mass
max <78Km / h
V stall at 35 ° Flaps and mass
max <70 Km / h
V rotation 95 Km / h

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
A very sophisticated design that doesn't look hard to build though it would certainly take some time. I like that it's basically a wood and plywood design even though most people would take for composite at first glance. For someone, like me, who avoids composite work whenever possible, that's a very strong attraction. If anyone has trouble with the French (Google Translate is good, but not perfect) let me know and I would be happy to help. Here's another pic:

rass70.jpg

fly2kads

HBA Supporter
Google's translation gets the point across, but is amusing. It says the fuselage is reinforced by chopsticks. :)

The article does a good job of showing how they molded the canopy. That's not something I have seen described very often.

Chris Young

At the moment the plans and construction license are not for sale but they may be in the future.

The plans are released for free on the RSA website for RSA members only, and for information/study only. Construction from these drawings is not allowed. They are not complete yet, the designer releases them step by step when he is done writing a part. I guess when he is finished he may consider selling construction licenses.

plncraze

HBA Supporter
The Gaz'aile was diesel powered originally. It evolved from the Diesalis. Neat plane.

Battler Britton

Gaz'aile is a neat design.
.OK, started with Citroen/peugeot engine, gas and diesel. But Toyota, BMW, Hirth (3 cylinder,2 stroke) rotax 912, VWs, Jabiru, ViJa (1200 suzuki gsxr) Wilksch WAM 100, have found place in the nose of Gaz'aile!

Louis Noblet

Hi,
I’m the designer & builder of what was called the ‘’French Chouchenn’’ so i’d like to add some more details.
It was said earlier that my plane came from the Gaz’aile2, I’d prefer to say it came because… In the beginning I was involved in the construction of the very first Gaz’aile prototype and quickly it appeared to me that this project was too close to a commercial aircraft and the diesel motorization was too heavy and under powered. So I came to the conclusion I had to leave the Gaz’aile team and start my own project. From this decision to the first flight 8 years elapsed.
8 years of hard work with many calculations, tests, calculations, again and again (in that period the many NACA reports available on the net were very useful to me, many thanks). In the end my project fulfilled the French aviation requirements for light and ultra light aircraft i.e. :
MTOW < 450 Kg , Vs < 65 Km/h etc. and I made my first take off in September 2010.
That’s the shortened story of the birth of the Chouchenn.
Apart from the Jabiru engine, the wheels all the parts of the Chouchenn were calculated and built at home. So during the building period I gathered so many documents, informations and learned so much that I decided it could be useful to share my work. A bundle of plans is now completed. You can find its presentation by episodes on the French RSA website : http://www.rsafrance.com/index.php/construire/liasses/chouchenn?showall=&start=4 .
The plans themselves are free but only accessible to registered members of our association.
I hope this could help all those hit by aircraft building virus.

Available for any further information.

Louis Noblet

MechAeroAuto

The plans themselves are free but only accessible to registered members of our association.
I hope this could help all those hit by aircraft building virus.

Available for any further information.

Louis Noblet
I guess the only other question is how does one join the RSA lol.

Thank you for the reply Louis. That's a very beautiful airplane.

plncraze

HBA Supporter
If you join don't you get access to all the plans released through the RSA? When calculating the cost add any exchange rates your bank may charge. Thanks for posting this Battler!

Battler Britton

Parlay vew Americansch? porque la Bano, estan con gusto. for favor?
:gig:
parlez vous américain?....sure, I could, but I don't understand so much your more or less spanish...;)

RSA is using Paypal, so you just pay with your CB..no more trouble! maybe you could have some additional charge for postage (every three month magazine)

I don't know if there are other plan avalaible, now