The 'daydreamers' thread...post your craziest designs and concepts here

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

RPM314

Actually, a B-36 with model jet engines might be feasible. 4 or 6 engines (I forget which) in the 100-200lbf range? Sounds right for a 1-2 seater.

Add the piston engines, and you're set for 1000lbs of baggage.

Floydr92

Vmax Probe like design with 2X AMT Titan:
View attachment 49699

Cruise about 500 mph. Fuel burn should be about 60 kg/hr at cruise altitude, or about 17 MPG. That's better than a Prius...
Your link seems to be dead :/ but i like the V-max probe, didnt that one end badly?

My single seat electric canard design should cruise at 415mph at FL250 with 40hp. Big constant speed coaxial contra rotating props help alot. Will max out at around 560mph with full power (120hp)

Being electric...jump up to FL600 and go transonic in a dive (and snap the wings clean off)

This was my inspiration...note mine has no tail, and is quite aerodynamically unstable at low speeds. (Nothing a little artificial stability cant correct)

33.jpg

Chris In Marshfield

HBA Supporter
Log Member
I don't have any crazy designs or desires, really. All of my dreams are vintage! :)

My dream is a Howard DGA-15P:

Howard Fly-in 2015 (25 of 25).jpg

I had the opportunity to fly one last summer, and it was a dream come true (I keep using that word "dream"). So, since the last one came off the line in the early 50s, I guess if I had a dream, it would be to create a modern DGA. My Expedition project is putting me in the C-195 weight class, so I'm getting closer. Maybe I'll come up with a larger one after I get this one flying!

P.S. - I'm a member of the Howard Foundation, and they recently released the engineering drawings for the DGA. When I asked the president of the Foundation if I could use them to build a replica, he said, "Absolutely not!" So I'll just have to get close! :)

Autodidact

P.S. - I'm a member of the Howard Foundation, and they recently released the engineering drawings for the DGA. When I asked the president of the Foundation if I could use them to build a replica, he said, "Absolutely not!" So I'll just have to get close! :)
Mullicoupe then?

[video=youtube;-vm1y7P2-_0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vm1y7P2-_0[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiger Tim

Wish I had sketches of it but I tossed around the thought of a blind-riveted aluminum fuselage to mate to Fly Baby wings and landing gear. I think something like that could make a great mini Ryan ST/PT-22 depending on whether you went with an inline or a radial engine.

Little Scrapper

HBA Supporter
Log Member
I'm kinda like Chris, dream designs are vintage. Jim Younkins Mystery Pacer, to me at least, would be a good dream come true. Darn, I'm just not gonna live long enough to get all the airplanes I want.
20160413_141544.jpg

bmcj

HBA Supporter