• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

The Custer Arc ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pilot-34

Most of me is in IL but my hearts in Alaska
I am suspicious that the gains of the Custer wing mostly come from the center 90°
With that in mind has anyone ever seen only a portion of a Custer wing used ?
It seems like a portion whether it’s 180° arc or perhaps only 90 degrees in place under the propeller arc might add significant benefits.
Seems like this might be the easiest to add to pylon mounted engines due to balance considerations but even regular configuration pusher or tractor engines might be able to benefit.

Has anybody ever experimented with any of this stuff?

Back