The Complete Builder's Resource Tool

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

aeroware

KitLog Pro is an organizational tool that allows the builder of any type of aircraft to create, archive, maintain, and display the entire building process electronically on their OWN computer. In addition to being able to log the entire construction of an aircraft, builders can also log expenses, log test flights, and even log maintenance that is performed.

KitLog Pro began simply as an electronic builder’s log and has since evolved into a complete builder's resource tool that has completely revolutionized the experimental aircraft industry. It’s no wonder that there are currently over 2,000 experimental aircraft builders from around the world using KitLog Pro!

Whether your experimental aircraft is a plans-built EAA bi-plane, a Van’s RV, a Glastar, or even a Lancair IV-P, KitLog Pro is the most efficient way to ensure that you meet the requirements of a builder’s log for the certification of your homebuilt aircraft.

For more information please visit http://www.kitlog.com.

Recipient of “Best New Product of the Year 2005” award at EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh, WI!

Rhino

That is from their web page, though admittedly not the main page. If you click Products and then click Section Two: Building the Aircraft, you'll see this screen shot, among others. You bring up a good point though. Their main page could at least have a screen shot or two as examples for those who may not be motivated to dig deeper. And then some text along the lines of "For more screen shots, go to........"

Last edited:

Rhino

Not me, though I've seen good reviews on it in magazines and some good comments on the web. They also just received the "Best New Product of the Year 2005" at AirVenture, which I think is really saying something. I do have an evaluation copy of the software, but I haven't loaded it yet. Based on the aforementioned positive reviews though, I do plan to use it on my project. There is also a free web log you can use from ExperCraft. I haven't heard anything about them, but you can't beat the price. :gig:

Last edited:

sonex293

I've been using it for about 2 years now. The last version added the capability to generate HTML and PDF output. They also created their MY KITLOG section of their webpage for posting your builder's log. I've been very happy with the product. I haven't used all of it's features yet, but religiously do my builder's log. I have the software on a laptop and it's very nice to fill out an entry while things are fresh in my mind, and have everything in view.

I had originally planned to use MS Word or such, but this software has allowed me to quick and easily put my thoughts down in a orderly fashion. Each entry is allowed 3 photographs and only once did I create a second entry of an extra picture.

As you can probably tell, I'm happy with the software. :D

--Michael
Sonex #293

Midniteoyl

Would be real simple to whip one up in Access, if you have 'access' to a copy. Could be fined tuned to your personal needs, interfaces with Frontpage and Excel, and can output reports for eveything from costs to number of washers used.

Hmmm.... I think I have an idea.... :whistle:

Last edited:

aeroware

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for all of the positive feedback. It's been 4 years in the making and the success of our product comes from all of our registered users! To date we have sold over 2,000 copies. Additionally, we just received Best New Product of the Year 2005 at AirVenture!

Just so everyone knows, KitLog Pro v2.0 has been completely overhauled and written in a new programming language. Doing so now allows users to back up their builder's log by saving "one" Microsoft Access Database file (.mdb file). Unlike Web based builders log software programs where you depend on the Internet connection and the host server (which are not always reliable), your builders log resides on your own computer, not someone elses.

At AirVenture 2005 we introduced the My KitLog feature of KitLog Pro which allows users to click "one" button which then creates their own personal Web site for the entire World to see. Each KitLog Pro user Web site is hosted on our servers FREE of charge!

Feel free to visit www.kitlog.com/klp_downloads.htm to download a free 15 day trial of our software.

Also, be sure to visit www.kitlog.com/resellers.htm to see a list of resellers that sell the CD version of KitLog Pro.

If you have any questions and would like to take them offline feel free to e-mail me directly at [email protected].

Thank you all for the continued support of our product! Happy building!!

Best Regards,

Marc Garrard
Co-Owner
Aeroware Enterprises, LLC
www.kitlog.com

tmh maintenance

I HIGHLY recommend Kitlog. Its so easy to use and has a lot of different inmput levels to run reports, log your work, expenses and pictures. You can also create your own page for others to view your progress online! Check out my build log on www.tmh-maintenance.net Its really worth the money which is about $50.