Quantcast

The big video topic

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

PagoBay

Compliments of AvWeb. Two 10 minute videos of our tax dollars hard at work through the service of our men and women at sea. Gripping. Thanks also to PBS for spending money so wisely.

U.S.S. Nimitz was in port on Guam for four days just in June. Nimitz Hill is a beautiful hill area with roads just made for the RX-7 that I used to own back in Texas days.
Landing On A Pitching Deck
In 2005, PBS produced a 10-hour series about flight operations on the U.S.S. Nimitz. In this Best of the Web selection, you’ll see the most riveting 20 minutes of the entire series. It’s in two parts and the second will automatically start when the first concludes. Don’t click on it unless you’ve got 20 minutes to spare.
PART 1 of 2 (Look for Part 2 in the next up list)

Last edited:

rbarnes

I dont know if I'm more impressed with her poise and looks or with her black board penmanship....

TerryM76

HBA Supporter
Off topic. I met a recent high school graduate who wanted to know an address. When it was written out on a sheet of paper, her response was " I don't read cursive".
Many of my High School students are unable to read cursive. It is not a subject that is taught in our public school system......they sure know how to push buttons on a computer or cell phone. It seems that many of them would be paralyzed without their "devices".

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
Many of my High School students are unable to read cursive. It is not a subject that is taught in our public school system......they sure know how to push buttons on a computer or cell phone. It seems that many of them would be paralyzed without their "devices".
if you think about how much time was spent on cursive handwriting in traditional elementary school, and how much more technology is included In elementary school today, it makes sense that something had to give. I do wish they did at least a little, though, as it’s a great link to the past.

As for being paralyzed without their devices, how many of us can honestly say they go through a week, or even a day, without using smart phones and or computers and internet? We are, after all, having this discussion in an online forum.

Reactions: BJC

Jay Kempf

Curmudgeon in Training (CIT)
Lifetime Supporter
Great overall run through of evolution of configuration based on the F-14 development history. Was very interesting to watch this. I spent a year at the ex-Grumman Calverton Airpark a few years back working at an aviation startup. Lots of great info for people involved in developing aircraft here. Building 6 at Calverton is a huge place where the assembly footage/pictures is taken: