Quantcast

The big video topic

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

BoKu

Pundit
HBA Supporter
NASTY ARGUMENT between Cessna Pilot and Vegas ATC! | Busted Bravo Airspace

I don't even know where to begin on this one. But I don't see much aviating in this guy's future.

Edit add: I don't know the HBA policy on doxxing, but I bet it's "don't even go there." Yeah, it's easy enough to figure out who this guy is. But just because you can, doesn't mean you should. The people who need to know already do.

Last edited:

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
She kept her cool.
I owe my life to a controller that warned me of a lear that was overspeed and not talking to anyone and heading for me. Lear wing tanks went under my wing as I was rolling to the left and down trying to get out of his way.

ultralajt

It has so short span...fiberglass would only make it heavier.
I did not mention any fibergalss! Fiberglass is for boats not for ultralight planes! I mention more of streamlining.

It could be done lightweight by conventional wood/fabric construction by adding some balsa stringers reinforced with some carbon strips over slightly reshaped fuselage formers.

For instance look at this Luciole tutrledeck: http://cafe.foundation/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/LSA-11-528x296.jpg
And for instance, the Cheroke sailplane nose.

Or you will understand as you came from nautical "waters", this ultralight canoe shape:

Mitja

crkckr

That's interesting about the Tu-144. I always went along with Hoover's explanation, that he had overshot the runway making his turn and pitched up, breaking off one of the 'frangible' (as Hoover said) canards, which caused the plane to dive and went thru the engines, causing all kinds of problems but which led to the breakup of the airframe. This does kind of throw a new light on the subject.
Cheers,
crkckr